[cvsnt] CVSNT Newbie: Cannot Lock...cannot rename Issues

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Feb 11 06:41:17 GMT 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:49:14 -0800 (PST), Bernard Huang
<berny8888 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>1.  To change my config file, do I need to checkout this file
>on the server and make changes and putback or can I just open
>the file and apply the changes and save it in an editor?

Yes, you must do the checkout-edit-commit cycle for the CVSROOT admin
files. If you edit in place they will get overwritten the next time
you do a commit into CVSROOT. These files are special cases, there are
both the ,v and normal versions here and the normal files get created
from the ,v files when the message says "rebuilding administrative
files".

>I have set the LockDir=d:\cvstemp\locks  and the LockServer=localhost:2402
If you enable LockServer by uncommenting that line you are no longer
using the LockDir. From one of the more recent CVSNT the LockDir is no
longer used, it only uses LockServer.

>2.  I have the ip address assigned to a domain address...should I change
>'localhost' to point to the domain address instead?

Where have you entered 'localhost'???

>The ports are opened in my router.  Also, the user has full access under
>Windows 2000 to read and write files in the cvstemp and cvsrepo directories.
>I'm using sspi as the protocol for now.  I just want the commits to work.

>From where do you connect to the server? Another PC on your intranet
or across the Internet?
The sspi protocol is fully routable so you should be fine as long as
you can ping the server from the client.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)