[cvsnt] Lockserver on Loopback?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Feb 11 06:45:09 GMT 2004

Tony,
what happens if the loopback adapter is not installed?
We have had numerous problems with the loopback adapter locking up
network accesses in production environments. At one time we sent a
developer across the Atlantic to debug a strange intermittent error in
an automation system in Texas. He found that with loopback enabled the
PC experienced blind network times of a few seconds regularly and if a
SQL call was made during one of these times the system errored out.
Disabling loopback solved that problem.
I would rather not have loopback adapter enabled on the CVS server....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)