[cvsnt] Re: LockServer CPU usage

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 11 15:33:48 GMT 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:20:16 +0100, "Morten Joehnk" <no at mail.for.me>
wrote:

>Just installed CVSNT 2.0.26 and we are now for the first time using
>lockserver. It seems that the lockserver process has a very high CPU load
>(around 60%) and slows the machine down quite a lot.

I've never seen the lockserver get above 1% of network load.. it
doesn't really do anything - it keeps a list in memory of active locks
and deletes them when they're finished.  The only time you'd get any
kind of CPU spike is if you have many thousands of locks in operation
simultaneously, which generally doesn't happen.

Try telnetting into it (port 2402), type 'monitor', then usr the
'clients' and 'locks' commands to see what's active.