[cvsnt] Re: LockServer CPU usage

Morten Joehnk me at no.mail.for.me
Tue Feb 17 19:24:39 GMT 2004

Hi Tony

Today I had so many problems with LockServer that I had to disable it. My
configuration is:

cvsnt 2.0.26
pserver and sspi clients
Windows 2003 Server
2x933 MHz P3
512 MB RAM
repository with 30000 files in 6000 dirs - total 1.4 GB
No AV software

Before disabling the lockserver, I twice saw the following:

Lockserver using 100% on one cpu, about 10 cvs.exe processes howering on
1-2% of the other and just about no progress. Actually i think that there
was no progress for some of the clients, but thats hard to be certain about.

I rebooted the server, and for a while everything went fine, and then
lockserver locked up (pun intended) once again.

What should i look for? The number of locks? And what would cause a high
number of locks?
Should i run lockserver -test and what should i look for in the output?

Best regards

/MJ

news:hiik20hccq872j2pu91rqpgdq1dn28ec7a at 4ax.com...