[cvsnt] Server to Server

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Feb 12 07:45:26 GMT 2004

Neo Gigs wrote:

>Hi Glen,
>
>Thanks for the quick reply, would like to know about:
>
>1. You were saying that you used to develop both at USA and India using
>the same repository, how is the connectivity architecture like underneath
>of that?

Yes, same repository on the same server.  I'm not familiar with the
current state of the network--I know that our networks have been
upgraded over time and are quite responsive now, but I don't know if
that's a result of general increased capacity or something specific to
out company.

>2. Another concern is that if one side of the CVS server only allow a
>single connection, would replication is the best way to deal with that?

I don't follow you here.  CVS can handle a lot of incoming connections
at once.  Perhaps if you rephrased the question it could help.

Regards,