[cvsnt] Why do recent installers require a restart?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Feb 12 16:21:22 GMT 2004

I can't exactly tell when this started but it might have been somewhere
around the introduction of :sserver: ... fact is that I haven't been
able to update my CVSNT installation without the installer demanding a
reboot anymore recently. SSPI access appears to be fully operational
again right after the install if I don't reboot. I haven't been able to
identify what is causing this so far.
If the reboot turns out to be necessary indeed this would be a strong
argument against frequent server updates as CVSNT is running on our
domain controller/file server/database server...

Any ideas?

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org