[cvsnt] can't access server

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Feb 13 20:10:15 GMT 2004

dario wrote:

>i installed cvsnt on "win2k server" some time ago and had no trouble at all.
>
>now i am trying to install it on my workstation, "win 2k pro", and i did
>everything as explained on the web site. however, i have problem accessing
>server through pserver or sspi, i get following message
>
>cvs [login aborted]: cannot open CVS/Repositories: Permission denied
>
>i found faq entry which describes this and suggests that LocalSystem user
>should be given privileges to repository. i double checked that it allready
>has FULL CONTROL on whole cvs directory hierarchy, and i've given full
>control to administrator,everyone, my account and CVSUsers group.

Permission denied typically indicates there is something wrong with
Windows not allowing you to do something.  Make sure the users have RX
rights on CVS itself since you've already checked the repositories.
Perhaps turn on security logging and look after a failed attempt to see
what is being denied and to whom.