[cvsnt] Changing the cvsroot property of a sandbox

Eric Nicholson enicholson at parappsys.com
Tue Feb 17 18:38:57 GMT 2004

We've just had a server crash (hardware failure, not cvs related),
fortunately we recovered all of the CVS data and I've migrated it to a
backup server.  The backup server is working fine with one important caveat.
Our developers have sandboxes which point to the old server and use SSPI
rather than the backup server, which requires sserver since it isn't on the
same domain.  Since we didn't expect the crash, we weren't able to check in
all of the changes, so many sandboxes have edited files.

Does anyone have a quick way to change all of the CVS\root files in the
sandboxes to use the new server & authentication mechanism so we can check
in the changes?  The workstations are all windows based, and don't have
python/perl installed.

If no one has any quick fixes I might put together a vbscript or bat file to
modify the existing sandboxes.

thanks,

T. Eric Nicholson
Software Analyst