[cvsnt] Changing the cvsroot property of a sandbox

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 17 18:57:14 GMT 2004

If you use WinCvs there is a ChangeRoot macro to do just this.
Otherwise you can just traverse the sandbox tree and open all CVS/Root
files and modify the values there.
I did thta with a small executable a while back when we changed the
structure of our CVS repositories, at thta time we merged repositories
so we had to change both the Root and Repository files at the same
time.
Simple task.

/Bo

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:38:57 -0500, Eric Nicholson
<enicholson at parappsys.com> wrote:

>We've just had a server crash (hardware failure, not cvs related),
>fortunately we recovered all of the CVS data and I've migrated it to a
>backup server.  The backup server is working fine with one important caveat.
>Our developers have sandboxes which point to the old server and use SSPI
>rather than the backup server, which requires sserver since it isn't on the
>same domain.  Since we didn't expect the crash, we weren't able to check in
>all of the changes, so many sandboxes have edited files.
>
>Does anyone have a quick way to change all of the CVS\root files in the
>sandboxes to use the new server & authentication mechanism so we can check
>in the changes?  The workstations are all windows based, and don't have
>python/perl installed.
>
>If no one has any quick fixes I might put together a vbscript or bat file to
>modify the existing sandboxes.
>
>thanks,
>
>T. Eric Nicholson
>Software Analyst