[cvsnt] Question about CVSNT and Eclipse Integration

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 18 17:26:10 GMT 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:03:38 -0800, "Ankur Singhal"
<ASinghal at calcas.com> wrote:

>I was trying to figure out if CVSNT is the right choice for our department. Could you please answer few questions based on the latest information. I am working on a Windows 2000 platform.
>1. Eclipse with CVSNT can be beneficial to us. Has this matured ? And if so can you point me to a document that talks about CVSNT configuration and Eclipse configuration to work with CVSNT. Working with WinCVS or similar non-integrated products, is not we are considering at this point of time.

No.  Eclipse themselves don't support it - they only support Unx CVS
servers.  As they don't feedback bug reports etc. there's no way
forward there - it risks turning into a buck passing operation and I'm
not really interested in that kind of thing.  Accordingly I'm not
currently giving issues which involve eclipse any priority.

>2. Is there a secure protocol support for Eclipse working with CVSNT ? If so what is it ?

See the answer to (1).  The only secure protocol that Eclipse supports
is ssh (and then only ssh1 not ssh2).  You could setup a cygwin
openssh server but you're run into issue (1) again.