Socket failure (was "Re: [cvsnt] 2.0.26 on XP Pro -")

Damien McKenna damien at mc-kenna.com
Fri Feb 20 04:25:19 GMT 2004

Here's some more info.

I started the cvslock service monitor, tried to connect, and it didn't show
anything other than the initial message:

CVSLock 1.2 Ready
monitor
000 OK Entering monitor mode
010 MONITOR Client (#1) local||||Monitoring

Then I enabled test mode in cvsservice.exe and I got this:

C:\Program Files\cvsnt>cvsservice.exe -test
CVS 2.0.26 (Feb  9 2004) starting in test mode.
TEMP/TMP currently set to C:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp
Initialising socket...ok
Impersonation is enabled
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Socket Failed (Handle=ffffffff Family=23,Socktype=1,Protocol=6): An address
incompatible with the requested protocol was used.  (not fatal)
Registering service SPN... failed (Error 1332)
CVS initialised successfully

Might the socket failure above be my problem?
--
Damien McKenna - damien at mc-kenna.com - http://www.mc-kenna.com/
Experienced Web Developer seeks employment in central Florida, inquire above.