Socket failure (was "Re: [cvsnt] 2.0.26 on XP Pro -")

Damien McKenna damien at mc-kenna.com
Fri Feb 20 04:29:01 GMT 2004

Damien McKenna wrote:
> C:\Program Files\cvsnt>cvsservice.exe -test
> CVS 2.0.26 (Feb  9 2004) starting in test mode.
> TEMP/TMP currently set to C:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp
> Initialising socket...ok
> Impersonation is enabled
> Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
> Socket Failed (Handle=ffffffff Family=23,Socktype=1,Protocol=6): An
> address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.  (not fatal)
> Registering service SPN... failed (Error 1332)
> CVS initialised successfully

When I leave it running and try to checkout the CVSROOT module, I get this:

I/O Socket is 000007A0
0082847f: Process 00000780 started
00828995: Process 00000780 terminated

Is there anything else I can do to get more info from it?  Tomorrow I'll
check to see how my server at work behaves in comparison.
--
Damien McKenna - damien at mc-kenna.com - http://www.mc-kenna.com/
Experienced Web Developer seeks employment in central Florida, inquire above.