[cvsnt] CVS with LabView (binary) files

Stephan nospam at gmx.de
Fri Feb 20 12:53:04 GMT 2004

Hello

We plan to use CVS(NT) in our company, but after reading a lot of
documents and messages in this newsgroup there are some questions
remaining. Hope, that someone can help me.
We use LabView as our main develpment tool. LabView stores the
"programs" in "*.vi" files, which must be handeld by CVS as binary
files. Here are my questions:

1. Each checkin of a file will create a complete copy on the server? So,
we can load old versions?

2.When 1 is true, is there a way to delete old versions from the server?
Background is, that in SourceSafe, which we are using now, there is no
way to delete old versions from the server files. So, the used space
grows very quick so that we like to delete old versions from the server.

3. sspi authentifivation is very slow in our network, so is it a
solution to create local users and /or cvs users with the password file?

Thanks for your help

Stephan

change all before the at to "stephan.gerhards" for email.