[cvsnt] CVS with LabView (binary) files

Martin Cole martin at martinjcole.com
Fri Feb 20 17:05:33 GMT 2004

I do Labview stuff all the time, and also a largeish binary type file of
application data.

cvsnt does not make a complete copy every time a commit is made, in our
current version (2.0.14) a text diff is made, when I upgrade our server, it
can be entered such that binary diffs are made.

Either way you can certainly get a complete history of all your vi's

One consideration I would suggest, you should edit the cvswrappers such that
"*.vi" and "*.llb" are copied, not merged, otherwise it will corrupt in the
case that you get into a merge situation (which should never happen if you
select watch on).

Marts

Hello

We plan to use CVS(NT) in our company, but after reading a lot of
documents and messages in this newsgroup there are some questions
remaining. Hope, that someone can help me.
We use LabView as our main develpment tool. LabView stores the
"programs" in "*.vi" files, which must be handeld by CVS as binary
files. Here are my questions:

1. Each checkin of a file will create a complete copy on the server? So,
we can load old versions?

2.When 1 is true, is there a way to delete old versions from the server?
Background is, that in SourceSafe, which we are using now, there is no
way to delete old versions from the server files. So, the used space
grows very quick so that we like to delete old versions from the server.

3. sspi authentifivation is very slow in our network, so is it a
solution to create local users and /or cvs users with the password file?

Thanks for your help

Stephan

change all before the at to "stephan.gerhards" for email.