[cvsnt] Re: Error :Incorrect username and password, can some one help please

Ariel Machado ariel at escripovoa.pt
Fri Feb 20 15:33:12 GMT 2004

Basically it exists two forms to access to a repository: defining an
enviroment variable CVSROOT where  :protocol:server:repository is defined,
example CVSROOT =:sspi:server_cvs:/development

When executes cvs commands, this it uses this variable to comunicate with
the server.
For example, from command-line execute "cvs ls" will return the modules that
repository of CVS defined by variable CVSROOT has.

 The other way is to explicitly define in each CVS command the communication
parameters. Example: "cvs - d:sspi:cvs_server:/development ls"

Case does not have defined variable CVSROOT, verifies in the configuration
of the WSAD as they are the parameters of communication with the CVS server.

Can try from command-line some cvs commands as it explains, to see is able
to make the communication.

Perhaps the WSD this configured to accede to the old server, and now the new
server has another name.....
I do not know the options the WSAD application, but must exist a menu where
configure the parameters of the CVS.
That allow to know that type of communication this trying to be made.

 Say soon if it solved the problem.

Ariel Machado

"Dn" <kumar_anjaly at yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:403618D1.4080409 at yahoo.com...