[cvsnt] CvsNt clients using local method

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Feb 23 17:32:05 GMT 2004

Le Gall Annie wrote:

>Hello,
>I am new to CVS and cvsnt. I have installed cvsnt on my Windows 2000 machine
>as a CVS server and I have Windows clients trying to access CVS repository.
>We are all working on a local area network using Domain User.
>What protocol do you recommend for clients to access the repository ?
>I have tried sspi but I find it is very long to access even a small
>database.
>I have tried also pserver.
>But my question is why should not use local protocol with a share network
>directory with the right protections ?
>Thank you by advance for your help.
>Best regards,

It sounds like you have something improperly configured in your
network.  SSPI is typically nice & quick for me and most I think.  If it
takes a long time to validate the user against the domain then it will
take awhile--that's something for your lan admin to figure out.

An alternative to using SSPI might be pserver if you prefer no security,
or sserver if you prefer more.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett