[cvsnt] Re: error in branch with binary-delta-files (-kB)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 24 20:44:35 GMT 2004

Gerd wrote:

> Help!
> I'm changed a -kB binary-File in my branch-sandbox.
>
> Other user will update her branch-sandbox, but he became the error:
>     cvs [server aborted]: Attempting text operation on binary linevector

I can't repeat this... need more information.  How did you change the
file - do you mean you used admin -kB on an file?  Please post the exact
steps required to cause the problem.  A simple update can't in fact
cause this (in fact I can't see any codepath that could).

The output of 'cvs version' from within the sandbox would be useful too.

The CVSROOT thing looks separate...  You need to use the ChangeRoot
macro if you want to change the cvsroot after checking out.