[cvsnt] Mergepoints

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Wed Feb 25 09:58:30 GMT 2004

> From: ncal [mailto:nkale at calcas.com]
>
> > We have a main development branch called "Main_Dev". This
> branch contains
> > the latest 'stable' development build.
>
> How did you create or name the main line of development branch? When I
> create a branch, I get 2 endpoints - the new branch, and the main-line
> (which is nameless)

Sorry, just to be extra confusing our main development branch is not
actually the main line! (By the main line I mean the one with revision
numbers 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc) To merge the main line into another branch simply
specify "HEAD" in the "Only with this rev/tag" box. (Can someone else
confirm that please, it's not something I do very often so I'm not sure.) If
you want to change your active copy to the main line from a branch, you tick
the "Reset any sticky date/tag/-k options" box. This puts the -A flag on the
update. When you are working on the main line, no text should appear in the
"Tag" details in the main WinCVS window.

Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QN, UK

Please note that my email domain has changed from @anitetelecoms.com to
@anite.com
Registered in England No. 1721900 Registered Office: 353 Buckingham Avenue,
Slough, Berkshire SL1 4PF, United Kingdom

Scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.