[cvsnt] Re: Cannot use verifymsg to verify log message

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 26 10:51:33 GMT 2004

Varun Bansal wrote:

> This is my entry in verifymsg on server machine:
> DEFAULT $CVSROOT\CVSROOT\verifymsg.pl
>
> When I comment out the entry in verifymsg which calls my external
> script, everything works fine. Is it possible to directly send the log
> message for verification from client to server to an external script
> which resides on server itself ? Any clues/help will be much appreciated.

Try %CVSROOT%\CVSROOT\verifymsg.pl, since you're dealing with real
environment variables not CVS pseudovariables.

It might not work just like that, since some versions of perl do odd
things if you call the .pl directly (IIRC the standard input gets lost),
so you might end up with:

perl %CVSROOT%\CVSROOT\verifymsg.pl