[cvsnt] Compatibility between CVSNT and Mentor Graphics tools

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 26 11:08:04 GMT 2004

Lorenzo.Giuntini at Powerware.com wrote:

> I am experiencing a problem using CVSNT on a system where Mentor Graphics'
> DX Designer (PADS) is installed. I hope somebody can help.
> - since then, I cannot use the original copy of CVSNT I installed. I cannot
> start the server, and obviously the client fails to connect. I get the
> following error message:
> cvs [log aborted]: connect to PC508:2401 failed: Impossibile stabilire la
> connessione. Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione.

Something is stopping the service starting, or has shut it down - check
the event log and the services control panel.

One solution is simply to reinstall a recent CVSNT & let the setup
handle it.

> I am confident there is a way to get the two to work (or eventually to
> combine the two). The problem is that the Mentor Graphics tool has no
> explicit CVSNT configuration window, therefore I do not know whether I can
> add/configure repositories...

Beyond getting CVSNT itself to work, I can't really help - your best bet
is to ask Mentor Graphics what to do.