[cvsnt] vendor branch and import problem

Waldemar Oblizajek woblizajek at klub.chip.pl
Thu Feb 26 11:28:18 GMT 2004

Hello,
I am setting up CSV server for project.  I installed CVSNT server version
2.0.26 on Windows 2000 Server. Everything works fine except one thing
vendor-branch.
I use cvs client on Windows 2000 Professional.

I wanted to use vendor-branch mechanism. So I decided to make a quick test.
I imported two files
file1.txt
file2.txt

    C:\dir1>cvs import -m "Initial import" dir1 VENDOR01 V0
                            N dir1/file1.txt
                            N dir1/file2.txt

                            No conflicts created by this import

Then I tried to run import again  - to test importing of new vendor release
and I got following results:

C:\dir1>cvs import -m "Second import" dir1 VENDOR01 V1
cvs server: ERROR: tag VENDOR01 already exists in
D:/CVSREPO/dir1/file1.txt,v
U dir1/file1.txt
cvs server: ERROR: tag VENDOR01 already exists in
D:/CVSREPO/dir1/file2.txt,v
U dir1/file2.txt

No conflicts created by this import

Then I changed file1.txt and run import again with following results:

C:\dir1>cvs import -m "Second import" dir1 VENDOR01 V1
cvs server: ERROR: tag VENDOR01 already exists in
D:/CVSREPO/dir1/file1.txt,v
cvs server: ERROR: tag VENDOR01 already exists in
D:/CVSREPO/dir1/file2.txt,v
U dir1/file2.txt

No conflicts created by this import

The new version of the file was actually commited to the repository, I was
able to checkout it and see the modified file in cvs working directory.

 I followed CVS manual which  suggests the vendor tag should be the same
each time the new release is imported.
Do you have any ideas what can be wrong ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Waldek