[cvsnt] Re: Compatibility between CVSNT and Mentor Graphics tools

Lorenzo.Giuntini at Powerware.com Lorenzo.Giuntini at Powerware.com
Thu Feb 26 15:13:34 GMT 2004

I re-installed CVSNT. It does work. I mean, the service is up and running,
and I can now access all the SW in the repository.

I believe there are going to be some problems when it gets to use the
Mentor Graphics tool ... but, as you were saying, I'd better ask them what
to do at that stage.

Thanks for your help!

Lorenzo

> I am experiencing a problem using CVSNT on a system where Mentor
Graphics'
> DX Designer (PADS) is installed. I hope somebody can help.
> - since then, I cannot use the original copy of CVSNT I installed. I
cannot
> start the server, and obviously the client fails to connect. I get the
> following error message:
> cvs [log aborted]: connect to PC508:2401 failed: Impossibile stabilire la
> connessione. Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione.

Something is stopping the service starting, or has shut it down - check
the event log and the services control panel.

One solution is simply to reinstall a recent CVSNT & let the setup
handle it.

> I am confident there is a way to get the two to work (or eventually to
> combine the two). The problem is that the Mentor Graphics tool has no
> explicit CVSNT configuration window, therefore I do not know whether I
can
> add/configure repositories...

Beyond getting CVSNT itself to work, I can't really help - your best bet
is to ask Mentor Graphics what to do.