[cvsnt] Re: vendor branch and import problem

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Feb 26 19:00:07 GMT 2004

> > > An import will
> >> allow you to update your sources
> >
> >It no longer does... :(
> >
> If course it does...  import still works fine.

Yes, but only the initial import. If I try to do an update import, CVS
rejects it because the vendor branch already exists (of course it does-
that's the point!).

> If there are a lot of changes it rapidly becomes impractical, plus you
> lose all the history.

Aaaaargh! I do NOT lose any history. All the revisions are there on the
vendor branch where I want them. I wouldn't be doing it if I were losing my
history everytime!

>  A proper baseline would allow you to change the
> sources your changes were based on without losing any history up to
> that point.

I still don't get what you're talking about I'm afraid...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
------