[cvsnt] Latest version of CVS command line client for CVSNT, and server security config question

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Jan 3 18:29:49 GMT 2004

> Excellent idea.  For future reference in case others are
> following this,
> both Borland CBuilderX and Borland JBuilder appear to install
> the legacy CVS
> client (version 1.11.x) by default.  Even though I installed

I didn't know that they included that--which would make this problem much
more common.  I had a thought maybe you had installed CYGWIN or one of
those.  Regardless, glad it was figured out.

> Bo, even a casual search of the newsgroups using Google shows
> that this is a
> somewhat common problem with new CVSNT users - this question is posted
> regularly with few helpful answers.  Glen's idea was the ticket.

I've been frequenting this list for about a year now and I wouldn't call it
a "common" startup issue, but perhaps in retrospect it is.  I certainly
haven't seen your description come up that often before.

Certainly something to look for.

Regards,

Glen Starrett