[cvsnt] Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jan 3 21:01:52 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:
> Tony--You seem to have gotten away from the methodology from before, where
> the middle number was the indication of 'stable' vs. 'developing'.  I
> realize you're already on a VERY 'developing' 2.1 branch now with lots of
> cool sounding stuff going in there, but the 2.0.x recent instability is IMHO
> something that we should make sure is plain to casual users / visitors as
> well.  Not sure what to suggest, jumping releases numbers could be even more
> confusing.  Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to think of it from
> the 'new user experience' angle.

That's why I did it over christmas when few people are downloading.
There was never a point where it was really 'unstable' as I make sure
that it passes a set of basic tests before every release anyway - when
things did creep in I released as soon as it was fixed.  All the
functionality that worked before continued to work - only those using
the new features were affected, and new users tend not to do that.

I was aiming to be back to a nicely tested level of stability by the new
year and have achieved that I think - plus I've cleared a few of the
wishlist requests that people have asked about.