[cvsnt] Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jan 5 16:30:14 GMT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:57:54 +0900 (JST), Hiroshi Kuribara
<jr3hkrbr at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

>Tony wrote
>
>> cvsnt 2.0.19
>> * If a previously erased file is re-added, honour the expansion option
>> of the new file.
>
>Suppose we have text-mode file on trunc,
>make branch,
>remove and re-add as -kb on the branch.
>Then trunc file is not same as before,
>because the file is binary-mode now.

The file has only one default mode across branches - that's something
that isn't easy to solve.... Basically what the add/commit to -kb does
is to an admin -kb behind the scenes - this affects all the future
commits (but preserves the state of the older revisions, as expansion
options in cvsnt are versioned).

That's just a 'known bug' that probably won't be resolved for a while
(unless someone has an idea how to do it).