[cvsnt] Problem with sandbox on network drive

Christian Manhart christian.manhart at ifs-it.de
Tue Jan 13 16:29:33 GMT 2004

Hi,
we keep having some (little) problems which seem to result from our
sandboxes staying on a network drive (for backup reasons).

When trying to perform an update ("cvs update -P -d -C" via WinCVS
- which should remove empty directories) I receive an error message

  cvs update: cannot remove dir1/dir2/dir3 : Directory not empty

if directory 'dir3' does not contain any files (at least on the
branch I am performing the update on).
When I copy the sandbox to a local folder and perform exactly the
same command the directory 'dir3' is removed as expected.

Searching the web I found a posting to gnu.cvs.bug describing exact
the problem I am facing (together with a possible solution):
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-cvs/2003-05/msg00008.html.

Unfortunately I'm no expert in these things and cannot tell if the
patch is correct or not or if there may be any other sideeffects.

Is there any chance to integrate this patch into a future release of
CVSNT?

Best regards,
Christian Manhart

BTW We are using CVSNT 2.0.3 (client and server).