[cvsnt] Problem with sandbox on network drive

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jan 13 16:46:55 GMT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:29:33 +0100, "Christian Manhart"
<christian.manhart at ifs-it.de> wrote:

>Searching the web I found a posting to gnu.cvs.bug describing exact
>the problem I am facing (together with a possible solution):
>http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-cvs/2003-05/msg00008.html.
>
>Unfortunately I'm no expert in these things and cannot tell if the
>patch is correct or not or if there may be any other sideeffects.

If XP really is returning that it's breaking the BSD standards that
the unlink() command is based on...  It's no problem to add it though
as that's in OS specific code.

I don't recommend keeping sandboxes on network drives...  It generates
a lot of traffic and especially if you use a frontend performance will
suck.  It gets worse if the share is cross-OS (I don't think samba
shares work any more anyway, but just in case) as you might be tempted
to commit an NT file (containing CR/LF) with a Unix client...