[cvsnt] Microsoft Outlook Distribution List

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Fri Jan 16 21:22:31 GMT 2004

> I am setting up a Distribution List for CVS contacts using
> Microsoft Outlook 2000 and have called it "CVS Mailing List".
> As there will be about 200 contacts on the mailing list I
> don't want all the names to show at the top of the email if
> anyone wants to print out the email.  However this is what
> happens if I put "CVS Mailing LIst" in the "To" box.

That sounds like an Exchange setup issue and not a CVS issue - the
address is not functioning as a normal mailing list.  If the mail gets
there then loginfo (or whatever) is done.  We also mail to Exchange
groups from CVS and do not have this problem.  I don't, however, manage
Exchange so I can't tell you how we set that up.

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634