[cvsnt] CVSNT, Eclipse and the prefix problem

Hiroshi Kuribara kuribara at us.hitachi-medical.co.jp
Tue Jan 20 07:58:33 GMT 2004

Tony wrote, (Old mail, Thu Jan 8)

> filip.hoeven at pandora.be wrote:
> > I guess they mean something like: In some response messages
> > from the CVSNT server the full path is returned (so with the
> > prefix, so with the driveletter). That would clarify their
> > problem as they cannot compare it that case.
> >
> There are no places where the full path is returned, though.  The
> protocol wouldn't work otherwise.

When I try to create tag to module,
cvs seems to get whole lock of module.
And it takes some seconds, cvs replys,

cvs server: [16:37:07] waiting for ultraman on MPC2661's lock in K:/
CVSTOP/ALOHA/AlohaProject

In this case, full path is returned.

Repository prefix           : K:/CVSTOP
Repository path from client : /ALOHA
module name                 : AlohaProject

I knew sometimes I have seen full path, but I could not remember when.
But our server is old 2.0.11, so it might be fixed now.

Hiroshi Kuribara