[cvsnt] non-Adminstrators get 'Permission denied' error on loginfo script.

Masanori Watanabe mwatana2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 22:20:00 GMT 2004

Hi, I got the following problem which I'm having very
hard time to resolve.
If anyone has any idea why I'm getting this error and
let me know it would be appreciated.

Server : Win2003 + CVSNT 2.0.8.
Client : WinXP + WinCVS 1.3.14.1 Beta14
protcol : sspi + windows domain account + some local
The user has a Windows domain account and log on to
CVSNT server with SSPI protocol.

The problem is when a domain user logs in to CVSNT and
commit a change CVS gives the followring error
message.

cvs server: Script execution failed: Permission denied
cvs server: cannot write entry to log filter:
d:/cvslibs/V1Midtier/CVSROOT/scrip
ts/Loginfo.vbs
d:/cvslibs/V1Midtier/CVSROOT/log/commit.log "TEST/LINK
BBB.LIN,1.
1.1.1,1.2"

If I add his domain account to server PC's
Administrators groupg, this problem does not occur.
I have created local NU user group, CVSUsers and his
domain user account belongs to this group.
And this group, CVSUsers has 'full contol' to the
repository directory and CVS temporary directory.
I also change 'TEMP' and 'TMP' environment varialbes
to the folder which this group has full control access
but it was to no avail.
The impersonation option is enabled on the server.
Disabling that option does not help at all.
In the log file, I uncommented 'LockServer' so it
points to localhost:2402.
I don't have any passwd, readers or writers files in
CVSROOT folder.
At thsi point, I hit the wall and I don't know what to
do.
Please help.

thank you.
Masa