[cvsnt] Re: non-Adminstrators get 'Permission denied' error on loginfo script.

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jan 21 02:03:29 GMT 2004

Masanori Watanabe wrote:

>I forgot to mention that I set up the loginfo file so
>it will kick off vbscript as follows.
>
>DEFAULT	$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/scripts/Loginfo.vbs
>$CVSROOT/CVSROOT/log/commit.log %{sVv}
>
>I tried to give 'Everyone' the read/execute
>priviledges of 'cmd.exe', 'cscript.exe' and
>'wscript.exe'.
>But it did not help.

Make sure you give permission on the script itself too.  You can also turn on security logging on object use temporarily to see where you're getting denied events to track down exactly what is causing the message.

If there are other dependencies beyond wscript.exe then it might be helpful to know them so please post your results.

I updated the wiki page http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl to include the CMD.EXE info on Win 2003 since that comes up fairly often.

Regards,

Glen Starrett