[cvsnt] Absolute newbie: Cannot agree on an authentication scheme (got '')

jamief at fcl-us.net jamief at fcl-us.net
Thu Jan 22 00:56:09 GMT 2004

I am getting the same error message. I'm using windows 2000 pro and i'm on a
comcast cable modem, so there is a firewall. I've tried manually enabling
ports 2401-2402, but that did not solve the problem. I' have all the
protocols installed, but i am setting it to use sspi. even when i do a "cvs
ver" I get this "cannot agree on authentication scheme".
I've succesfully installed it at work on my XP machine, but that also has a
different kind of firewall.
Anybody using sspi succesfully on a cable modem?

news:5c5ivvsv8q37gn21ou1ra6c48pq7uoi38c at 4ax.com...