[cvsnt] Re: Access to the lock server

Kohsuke Kawaguchi Kohsuke.Kawaguchi at Sun.COM
Fri Jul 2 23:12:15 BST 2004

> If localhost is not resolving your machine is *not* properly configured,
> and you should investigate what has broken it rather than patching
> around the problem.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, but all the other applications can resolve
"localhost" correctly. I can ping localhost, ssh to localhost,
cvs client can connect to localhost, and all of them resolve
to 127.0.0.1 just fine.

If I read the past postings correctly, the person who
reported this problem before also wrote the same thing.

And I don't think this is "patching around the problem".
This is just making things easier for everyone. I'm pretty
sure "localhost" is expected to resolve to 127.0.0.1
everywhere, and thus changing the default from "localhost"
to "127.0.0.1" is very unlikely to cause a problem.

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi at sun.com