[cvsnt] Re: SSPI Authentication failure after password expiry

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Jul 3 03:06:09 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> matthew b wrote:
>

>> Is there some cached information on the CVS client? I tried CVS logout
>> and looking for a cvspass entry in the registry to no avail.
>>
> The password cache is in part of the NT security system and AFAIK isn't
> accessable for user programs anyway.
>
> The only thing cvsnt does is ask the system whether the user has
> permissions to login.. it gets back the answer yes or no, and no other
> information.  All other information will be logged on the PDC (I assume
> you are auditing security failures as a basic security measure anyway).
>
> Tony

OK, I see the SSPI entries in the cvspass only appear when you do a cvs
login with a sspi source.  Automatic login isn't listed in there at all.
  Logout does remove those entries as well.

Matthew--Is the user able to connect to a regular file share on that
server and work on that normally when this condition exists with CVS?

--
Glen Starrett