[cvsnt] Re: Viewing cvsnt.rss using RSS-Reader-Panel

Markus F. Frisch Markus.Frisch at nobisCum.de
Tue Jul 6 16:34:41 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Markus F. Frisch wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody!
>>
>> I've been using RSS-Reader-Panel to view the file cvsnt.rss from
>> cvsnt.org for quite a while. That stopped working a few days ago.
>> I switched to sage 1.1 but that didn't help. The rss-files from
>> sourceforge still work fine.
>> There's one thing I noticed: when I download an rss from sourceforge,
>> the server says "Content-Type: text/xml". When I download cvsnt.rss,
>> the Server says "Content-Type: application/rss+xml".
>> Anybody else got this problem?
>

> rss+xml is the correct content type for rss files (well, one of
> them...).  Most software doesn't care though (I've seen them sent as
> text/html before now).

> Never heard of that... it's not configured or anything so it doesn't
> surprise me it doesn't work.
>
> Tony

Ok, did a little bit of homework, seems the Content-Type is not the
problem after all.
The description of release 2.0.46 contains the line:
2.0.46: Make Rename support optional (default disabled) & mark ...
Seems the xml parser is chocking on the ampersand. If I remove it I can
view the resulting file in sage without problems.
As far as I remember the amparsand character has a special meaning in
xml and must be written as & ?

Markus