[cvsnt] RE: Instructions for use of sspi with a Linux client

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jul 8 03:27:38 BST 2004

Lehman, Curtis wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. I had been searching with goggle, but I guess I
> missed that thread. I tried running the suggested commands and I get:
>
> /usr/bin/cvs -d :sspi:username at my.cvs.address:/Project login
>
> Cvs login: Unknow method (`sspi`) in CVSROOT.
> Cvs [login aborted]: BAD CVSROOT:  `:sspi:username at my.cvs.address:/Project`
>
> I am using CVS version 1.11.1. Could my client be to old? Were do I get the
> latest Linux CVS client that might work? Any other suggestions?

You need the *cvsnt* Linux client, which isn't the same as the one that
comes bundled with most Linux installs.  The CVSHome.org CVS doesn't
understand SSPI (even recent builds don't).  There's a page that tells
you how to set it up under Linux.  Note though that for client-only, you
don't need to worry about most of what is in that document.  The
abbreviated instructions for client only would be:

	Remove old cvs client (to avoid confusion)
	Download and untar cvsnt source
	./configure
	make
	make install

...and you can forget about all the server-listening stuff (e.g.
Lockserver, xinetd.d / init.d).  Then you should be good to go.

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux

--
Glen Starrett