[cvsnt] Re: How do I add a single file?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jul 15 03:27:06 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> Glen,
>   I want to thank you for your time. I'm really grateful you are trying to
> work thru this with me.
>
> Strange! I go back to the bash window and try doing a check out again and it
> works! I edit a file and then try to ci and no luck:

Yes, that's likely because you are *still* using unix control files.
Try it into a fresh, never before used, pristine (how many ways can I
say it?) directory.  Even a CVS Release will leave the control files,
unless you specify the correct parameters.  IMHO it's best to wipe it
clean and start over.

--
Glen Starrett