[cvsnt] Re: How do I add a single file?

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Thu Jul 15 07:42:34 BST 2004

> Now, here is my question: can I salvage my original repository that I
> created with the command "cvs -d /cygdrive/c/CONVEX init"?

yes, see below...
> I've tried using
> service control panel to change the repository name from C:/CONVEX to
> /CONVEX.  Of course, at this time, I abandoned the /c//CONVEX
> syntax in
> favor of the /CONVEX syntax. When this did not work either, I used the
> service control panel to switch the name of my repository
> back again to
> C:/CONVEX and tried to use the /C//CONVEX syntax.

I suggest you change the name to /CONVEX. Then you have to change the "Root"
file within all CVS directories (there is one in each folder that is under
CVS control), so it fits the new name. That should work. AFAIK there are
also some scripts around, that do all the changing work...

Best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch