[cvsnt] 2.0.51 windows clien - problems:

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Fri Jul 30 12:13:05 BST 2004

> From: Tony Hoyle [mailto:tmh at nodomain.org]

> > Everything seems to be set to '666'. What does this mean? I
> guess it's a
> > *nix thing. What should it be for an executable?
> >
> Usually something like 755 or 777 (it's an octal number).

Ok, the problem seems to be when committing a file. I changed the
permissions to Full Control for Admin, Domain Users & Everyone, made a
change and then committed the file. I looked in the RCS file and the
permissions were 666. I manually editted the RCS file to change it to 777
and checked the file out again. This time the permissions were set better.
It wasn't Full Control, but it was enough to gain execute permissions. I
then modified the file and committed it again without modifying the
permissions. Again the new revision in the RCS file has permissions of 666.

This was all done with 2.0.51 client and 2.0.41 server, both running on
Win2K with NTFS.

Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QN, UK

Scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.