[cvsnt] 2.0.51 windows clien - problems:

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jul 30 12:21:17 BST 2004

Harrison, Andrew wrote:
> Ok, the problem seems to be when committing a file. I changed the
> permissions to Full Control for Admin, Domain Users & Everyone, made a
> change and then committed the file. I looked in the RCS file and the
> permissions were 666. I manually editted the RCS file to change it to
> 777 and checked the file out again. This time the permissions were set
> better. It wasn't Full Control, but it was enough to gain execute
> permissions. I then modified the file and committed it again without
> modifying the permissions. Again the new revision in the RCS file has
> permissions of 666.
>
> This was all done with 2.0.51 client and 2.0.41 server, both running on
> Win2K with NTFS.

Not sure what's going on there (unless it's losing them on the server
somehow).  If I get time to do a 2.0.51a (not this week probably) I've
implemented cygwin ntea support which hides the details a lot better
(since it uses extended attributes instead).

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917
FWD: 413300