[cvsnt] Re: Using plink for secure connection from CVSNT to a LinuxCVS Repository

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jun 2 20:10:02 BST 2004

Hermanski, John wrote:
> Yes, why not?
>
> It works!!!

Glad to hear it's working.

> I know that I tried it in one of my many attemtps to get things going
>  - I got back "command not found".  But I probably had CVS_RSH or
> CVS_EXT set to "ssh".  It looks like it's internal to cvsnt, though.
> There's a ssh DLL.  So, looks like I'm finally off and running.

It uses CVSNT's builtin putty client.  CVS_RSH and CVS_EXT have to do
with the :ext: protocol.

> One last question - how do I get ssh to pick up my private key?  I
> tried putting it in the cvsnt directory, and in my home directory.
> Again, I know the keys work using Putty or Plink.

You can load them into pageant (download from the putty website).
Pageant is an ssh key agent that will pass your keys to CVS.  I think
you can also specify the key on the command line (in the
:ssh;somethinghere: protocol section), but I don't know how offhand.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett