[cvsnt] setting CVS watch on using tortoise cvs with cvsnt

Alvin Wong alvin.wong at b2b.com.my
Mon Jun 14 08:21:06 BST 2004

Hi All,

I have a question about CVS watch according to this webpage:
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2004-February/011097.html

An excerpt:

"I found that it's easy to set the watch, by:

1/ open a command window / command prompt (cmd.exe)
2/ set the path to point to the cvs file eg. "path c:\program
files\tortoisecvs"
3/ browse to the checked out module eg "cd c:\work\lv project"
4/ type "cvs watch on"

This will tell the server that this module and all files and folders in it
are to be treated as read only.

One last thing, everyone will need to delete their local sandboxes and check
out a fresh copy to be sure that they have the new settings."

When i typed cvs watch on, it asked me for the cvsroot as it was not
specified. My question is where should i type this command, on the cvs
server itself or on my current client machine? If i type this in the
client, how does the cvsnt server knows that i am watching it?
Another question is deleting the local sandboxes, are we talking about
the server cvs repository over here? or just the directory that was
checked out to my client pc which i have to delete and checkout from the
server again?

Regards,
Alvin