[cvsnt] Re: Mixing :local: and client/server protocols (was: When you gotta....)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jun 14 19:27:01 BST 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:09:38 -0700 (PDT), Friedrich Niederreiter
<friedrichniederreiter at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Just for clarification (and verification from the
>experts)!
>It is correct (I hope!), to do cvs updates via a
>sandbox files!?! We do such an update in a postcommit
>script to publish html files to our web server. The
>happen...
>
>Thanks
>
>Friedrich Niederreiter

Why use :local: for the webserver update???

I use the same thing in the postcommit script and mine looks like this
(it is a batch file called from postcommit):
@echo off
d:
cd d:\Websites\company
cvs -d :sspi:cvsupdater:password at cvsserver:/PC update -d

Note that it is important to do the two commands D: and cd to the
website sandbox.
Then a simple update command using a specified user with the user
password entered on the script line works fine.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)