[cvsnt] Re: Mixing :local: and client/server protocols (was: When you gotta....)

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Jun 15 08:22:59 BST 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I use the same thing in the postcommit script and mine looks like this
> (it is a batch file called from postcommit):
> @echo off
> d:
> cd d:\Websites\company
> cvs -d :sspi:cvsupdater:password at cvsserver:/PC update -d
>
> Note that it is important to do the two commands D: and cd to the
> website sandbox.
> Then a simple update command using a specified user with the user
> password entered on the script line works fine.

FWIW: Are you aware that passing the CVSROOT to Update via the global -d
option has no effect at all? Update will always use the CVSROOT that's
stored in the ./CVS/Root files no matter what you pass on the
commandline or store in the CVSROOT environment variable. The global -d
option is only honored by commands that work on the repository rather
than the sandbox, i.e. init, import, ls, rtag, rlog, rannotate, etc. and
checkout if it's a fresh one. All others (e.g. update, status, add,
remove, log, etc.) just silently ignore it.

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org