[cvsnt] Re: Sserver authentification problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jun 17 16:23:01 BST 2004

Cedric GROSS wrote:

> There are crypted with a passphrase, is it the problem ? (It's recommend in
> installation document for linux) or it's because client can't obtain
> certificat ?

Yes, cvsnt can't use them.  This is mentioned on the installation document I
think.

There's no point in putting a passphrase on certificates that are used for a
server, as you would have to store the passphrase in plaintext on the server
anyway - negating any advantage you get from the passphrase in the first place.

> I'm running cvsnt 2.0.34 on FreeBSD 5.2.1.

That's quite old...  It should work though (2.0.41 has slightly better logging
of the server side errors).

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917