[cvsnt] Can I convert entire VSS database to CVS Repositoy ?

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Tue Jun 22 14:22:49 BST 2004

I converted our 2gb VSS database to CVSNT using vss2cvs.pl and ran into a
similar problem.  My solution was to create a batch file with each of the
main project roots.

It appears that VSS has a lot of problems when trying to do things on $/
For example, if you do a ssarc on $/ it works, but ssrestor won't accept $/
so as far as I can tell the backup is useless.  Same problem with vss2cvs.pl
as it uses ss.exe to get directories and it seems to not like $/

I made a batch file that called vss2cvs.pl with each main project,

vss2cvs.pl vssproj=$/proj1
vss2cvs.pl vssproj=$/proj2
etc...

Worked fine and we have never looked back.  Everyone who complained about
switching are now die-hard cvs fans and have loaded it at home :-)

John Cole