[cvsnt] Re: Installing CVSNT 41a - reboot required...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Jun 22 09:02:59 BST 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I just installed by Next-Next-Next..
> But it is my understanding that whenever an installer needs to update a
> file tghat is in use it signals the "Rebbot required" to the user and
> stores a value in the Run or RunOnce or RunOnceEx keys below
> HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentControlset
>
> That is where I looked and found nothing....

There are more places to store such things, especially for in-use system
files. Just for example, there could be keys called
PendingFileRenameOperations or PendingFileDeleteOperations under
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
(exists only temporary). Don't know where it is in this case. If you're
interested the people on the InnoSetup list are probably bound to know...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org