[cvsnt] Re: adding modules to cvs repository

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Jun 23 11:48:45 BST 2004

Raheel wrote:
> D:\> cvs add fums
>
> it only adds the folder fums, while I have all the folders setup
> inside "fums" (with proper hierarchy according to my application). So
> my question is that I have to add all other folders manually and if
> there is no way to add / import them in automatic way thru CVS.

You already stated the solution: Import.

Add does not work recursively. This is exactly what the Import command
is intended for. I recommend using a frontend like WinCvs to sort out
the file types (binary/text distinction) though as that could get a bit
tiresome on the commandline if there are more than a few different file
types. Alternatively you could set up the CVSROOT/cvswrappers file with
the appropriate mappings before doing the import.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org