[cvsnt] Re: SSH config on CVSNT 2.0.41a on Windows XP - Help?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jun 24 00:34:21 BST 2004

Dhyan Ahado wrote:

> I've just setup CVSNT on an XP Pro box for managing some development
> work. I have no problems connecting using pserver, sserver & SSPI but I
> want to use SmartCVS which only supports pserver & SSH.
>
> If I try to use SSH SmartCVS fails to connect quietly. If I use cvs
> command line I get connection refused.
>
> Apparently CVSNT 2.0.41a has built in SSH support but I can find no info
> on how to configure it on an XP box. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

It's a built in SSH *client*, not server.  If you want to connect to
your CVSNT server with SSH, then you need to have an SSH server running
on that box.  Search the archives here for info on that, OpenSSH is a
place to start but there are issues (again, search for the details).

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett